Thursday, May 16, 2019

3a- your story


Just this past week I had the opportunity to expose myself to great entrepreneurship by working with the Global Brigades in Panama. I oversaw a Deloitte consultant that basically helped a low-income community built their opportunities. My client’s name was José and he was an entrepreneur for the community. He was trying to build a tourism that included hiking, fishing, cultural dancing, sleeping and food accommodations. This could be possible and generate revenue, job, security back to his family. My group and I sat with him and created business models, logos, social media platforms, and help correct some government regulations. When my group and I finished the consulting, he was thrilled and excited that he was making a change for his community. The reason I chose this class is because I believe I have an entrepreneurial mindset and I am willing to fail multiple times to make a change. I am willing to learn any opportunity from this class that it can teach me for my future.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Ariel, your attitude is in exactly the right place if you are pursuing a entrepreneurial mindset. We should be open to new ideas and concepts without being afraid to learn and fail. The camp sounds interesting and the ability to use your education to help others is worth congratulating. Small changes can create big ramifications for business owners and communities. What we learn in this class will be great tools for teaching others in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel, I think what you did was phenomenal. I'm not from Panama, but I'm Hispanic, and it's nice to know that there are people like you out there, who are willing to go and help other countries. And it sounds like it was some valuable experience too. I also think your mindset is really good, and more people should be willing to fail before succeeding, whether it is launching a new product or bringing change to a community.

    ReplyDelete