Wednesday, July 10, 2019

20A


20A

Domain Expert-
1.     Who they are, what their background is:
Alexa, occupational therapist for children in the educational school system.
2.     How this person is a domain expert?
She sees children that have suffered from parents that have done drugs that have harmed their lives with drugs or even alcohol.
3.     How I found and contacted this person-
She is a family friend, so I was able to easily get in contact with her.
4.     Nature of Exchange: what they did for me, what is the return expectation:
I sold her the pitch and she fell in love with the whole idea. Even though it is sad and devastating it can change the world on how people treat drugs in today’s society. She even gave me the idea of possibly doing a learning class for new parents of drugs in the house to prevent drug abuse.
5.     How will including them enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity-
I thought it was nice hearing it from a different perspective because I’ve just been looking at the older population and clearly it has been affecting the younger populations well mentally and physically. She is knowledgeable of the drug abuse and was extremely helpful on my voyage to trying a solving this problem.

Market Expert-
1.     Who they are, what their background is:
Tony he is in a rehabilitation center and fought for our country and has chronic back pain.
2.     How this person is a market expert?
Tony has been using the form of a pain killer and opioids to ease his pain for over forty years and the pain increasable gets worse. Instead of alternative medicine the doctors gave pills.
3.     How I found and contacted this person:
It was one of my mom’s client’s husbands and I just called and met with him.
4.     Nature of the Exchange: What they did for me, what the return expectation:
I asked him his pain level along with basic medical questions following into why he needed to take the pills and questions if he could take a different route would he. He defiantly didn’t think of this before and was open to it just because it was not the norm in his time.
5.     How will Including them enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity-
He is someone that has been driven in the market and had no idea of it and clearly, he cannot break this habit. I would say the only thing to do is help this generation in slowly transitioning the process out of the drugs to a more natural substance.

Industry Supplier
1.     Who they are, what their background is-
Erol Stapleton previous pharmaceutical rep.
2.     How is this person an industry supplier?
This person connects the doctors, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, or any clinics with any medical equipment and medication. This is a sales job, so it helps finding the right person to get the best deal and client.
3.     How I found and contacted this person-
This person is my brother, so I just called him
4.     Nature of Exchange- What they did for me, what is the return expectations-
My brother told me straight that there is a market of the opioid business but it is going to be competitive and some people are not going to agree with you just because they have already invested so much time and money in the old school way they do not want to change to see the people get better.
5.     How will including them enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity:
I knew walking into the phone call that there is a huge market for opioids and medication but when my brother was saying the margins along with how the insurance company contributes to the gains of a new launch it was amazing to hear it. It was a little nervous but exciting all at the same time. This made me realize that yes you can make money and help people in this market.

Finally: Reflect This experience requires you to do a little 'targeted networking.' How will this experience shape how you participate in any future networking events? Did this experience differ from your networking experiences in the past? How?
            I did not find my target market as hard as what I thought. Later on, in the chain of demand of the pharmaceutical company it might be a bit of a challenge but for this assignment it was fine. I learned that in these three aspects there is a need and some people have questions, problems, or want to help this problem be resolved. I know this can make a change to the world it is just a matter of time.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ariel, you had a great post! The one thing I enjoyed best was that you went in full detail about everyones role and how they can help your business plan even more. This is great because they are behind you a hundred percent and they want to invest with you for the money and also for your knowledge of these products and the market for it.

    ReplyDelete