Wednesday, July 10, 2019

21A


21A
1.     What was the general theme of the book?
The book that I chose to read was the Shoe Dog and the general theme just keep going if you have a vison and don’t let anyone hold you back. Phil Knight continuously failed but never gave up. He sought for opportunity, connections, relationships, and personal growth was extremely important to him. He believed that just like running there is only one purpose there is no finish line it’s an ultimate goal.

2.     How did it connect to the learning in ENT 3003?
I think it helped just set a lot of perspectives into place just always being positive and optimistic but still having a plan. I think that is what being an entrepreneur is nothing is certain but if you carry out a good attitude and the environment the likelihood of success is greater, just as Knight said it.

3.     If I had to design an exercise for this class based on the book what would it involve?
I think I would incorporating making a model design of any time of retail item it does not have to be clothes or shoes. I think people have a connection to these items more than stocks and bonds or non-tangible items and actual touching and seeing can help pitch a sale along with finding your true passion.

4.     What was your biggest surprise or aha moment when reading the book?
I would have thought he would have had a more supportive family that actually helped his business. His mother was a stayed at home mom and his dad was a business man. His sister was the only one that helped him with the start up until Nike become what it is today. I learned that Knight did things that sometimes you do not want to do but he did it for a minor sacrifice to become the person he wants to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ariel you had a great post. What really stood out to me was the creativity of your class activity that you chose to do. I would want to try that out because many students do not know what they want to do in life and and by testing out the fashion end or the marketing end, one can see if they truly like it or not.

    ReplyDelete