Wednesday, July 17, 2019

23a


23A
1.     Close encounter with people I knows- I have seen the damage that this drug has done to people close to me and nearly lost everything from being so successful to losing their life to drugs.
o   Valuable- I think this is extremely valuable because this is the reason why I am even part taking in this mission I think it is a real problem.
o   Rare- The idea is out there but no one has gone to the pharmaceutical companies and proposed something that was worth wild.
o   Inimitable- I do not think it can be replicated. Once my idea is out there this would be the only one on the market.
o   Non-substitutable- I learned from all my experiences so I think I needed to go through this process to see the real purpose.
2.     Social Capital- pharmaceutical rep- This is a step in the direction of where I need to be and what the consumers are looking for in the market.
o   Valuable- It isn’t that valuable since there are many pharmaceutical companies out there but for my age and the time constraint it was valuable.
o   Rare- it is not rare. There are thousands of reps that sell for the big pharmaceutical companies.
o   Inimitable- no I do not think it is imitable just because of the relationship I have with this person. He would do anything to help me and put me in the right direction.
o   Non-substitutable- if it wasn’t able to be carried out, I would still be able to get the connections I needed without the pharmaceutical rep just because of this person.
3.     Financial Capital- Local business owner- Talked about the legalized of marijuana and how his business has been better than ever.
o   Valuable- Very valuable. Just because he knows the customers and the market and what the people want.
o   Rare- the business is not rare, actually they are because extremely immersed in cities.
o   Inimitable- yes you can create the same business, but you cannot create the same thinking model that the owner has that is why he is successful.
o   Non-substitutable- I don’t think it can be interchanged just because he has been there for 30 years and has an established name and historic store.
4.     Social Capital- Rehabilitation centers- visited local people that have told me they have been on opioids for decades and cannot stop taking these pills.
o   Valuable- this is somewhat valuable just because I knew this walking in when I saw their medical chart.
o   Rare- this is not rare typically in this age range drug abuse is very common.
o   Inimitable- I don’t think you can recreate the conversations I had with some of the people and some of them have mental problems so they might forget.
o   Non-substitutable- it is a possibility if a person went to a different a different facility.
5.     Public Relationships- Great conversations, along with following up on reports, or any other ideas for people or myself.
o   Valuable- yes, it is important to care for others, so they can invest in you genuinely.
o   Rare- very rare, most people don’t make the first move.
o   Imitable- it is not imitable I am one person.
o   Non-substitutable- yes it because it is my personality.
6.     Human Capital- School/ research- Learning on this topic along with my history of jobs of the health field.
o   Valuable- this is valuable because I can use prior knowledge and use it to my advantage.
o   Rare- it is not rare many people do the same thing.
o   Imitable- they cannot imitate what I went through.
o   Non- substitutable it is the core of this project so yes; it is clearly needed.
7.     Social Capital-user of drugs- first-hand experience the emotional connection to this problem.
o   Valuable- very valuable because what I saw is what drives me.
o   Rare- it is not rare to see people overdose or be addicted to drugs.
o   Imitable- I would not do that but yes, it is easy to start drugs.
o   Non-sustainable- no it is not good in this state it has to change.
8.     Parents- asking what they thought of their children/child using drugs
o   Valuable- not valuable but it was important to get this information to form a case.
o   Rare- yes, many parents would not open up about their child/ children.
o   Imitable- no you cannot recreate the emotion and responses.
o   Non-sustainable- the parents believed their needed to be a change since they are going through pain or lost their child.
9.     Publicity- in the news there are current news markets articles on opioids and the pharmaceutical companies in feuds.
o   Valuable- yes this is crucial you can use this as leverage when needed in the long run.
o   Rare- no not really this gets leaked about once a week.
o   Imitable- most likely depending on who gets their hands on the story first.
o   Non-sustainable- the writer either want to make a joke of these companies or stand on the side to help this problem like me.
10.  Social Capital- Banker- many banks have been giving more money to business then personal accounts.
o   Valuable-yes, this crucial for new timers in the business world so it is worth the investment.
o   Rare- yes, it is hard to receive these loans.
o   Imitable- sort of depending on the bank.
o   Non- sustainable- this is important to help finance the business.

After doing the VRIN I think the most important one is the first one yes money, connections, and your own knowledge is very helpful but if you do not have passion or care for what you are doing there is not point, there is no excitement. I want it to be a market that people do not have to worry about drugs overdose or being addicted for 20+ years like some of the people I spoke to.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ariel! You had a great post and it was super descriptive. We have very similar qualities but I like how you described them and broke them down a little different than I did. Parents I would say are a big part in a business because they are either a huge support system or if they aren't in your life it motivates that person to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ariel! Great job on this post. I can tell you really know the ins and outs of your business concept and the different resources you can use to help it thrive. I like the organization of this post and how you were able to really break it down and be super descriptive with each concept and how your strengths and talents can get you to where you need to be to be successful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete