Tuesday, July 23, 2019

27a


27A-How to fail at almost everything and still win big
1.     What the theme or argument for this book was literally how to overcome failure and still win in life. I thought from his perspective that it was how I look at my life and since he did work in corporate America taking orders, he made sure he was good first then reflected what was important to him in his life.
2.     This enhanced my connection with this class because regardless if this is a class/ business/ or relationship if you are persistent and consistent you will succeed in this case it is to get an A.
3.     I would design the elements that he used: 1. Yourself 2. Money 3. family/connections.
Use this model in a week trend to try and plan a party for yourself along with the connections. It literally hits all three topics and you would have no idea. You still get the same euphoria effect because it is something fun and in return in the business world it is money, growth, power.
4.     I thought putting your family last was a little shocking and that is why many businesses fail because they depend and have an emotional connection to these people. I think this is important because you can win it big fast and lose it all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ariel! You had a great post. I read this book for the second reflection and we see eye to eye on many things that the author touched on in the book. I do like how your class game would be up to the students and see what three things they think are most important to them and then talk about them to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ariel! I didn't read this book, so your post was very informative for me. I think this book has such an interesting and important message and it's one I could definitely see myself reading it in the future. So many of these themes can be applied to the work that we do in this class and I definitely think that's something you can tie into your project. Great work here!

    ReplyDelete